Thursday 21 May 2009

Ship Shape and Bristol Fashion

Here I am ready to leave Portsmouth for Bilbao; you can see our Ferry, The Pride of Bilbao, in the background. Boarding took ages and I was eventually put on a small section of deck with a steep ramp but we left on time.

Being at sea is a strange experience. I can feel all my fluids moving around but my engine is not running and my wheels are not turning. I lost touch with the MG and Panther I met in the queue and there are only modern euro-boxes for company. All they want to talk about are their folding metal roofs and xenon headlights not the art of proper motoring. The MG for example has no roof but that all adds to the experience and adventure.

Another night at sea before we arrive at Bilbao. Another day of trying to have a sensible conversation with a Peugot 205cc for me; cafes, bars and dolphin watching for Neil and Karen.

No comments:

Post a Comment