Monday 7 May 2012

411s and Fire Engines


Unable to attend this year’s Ipswich to Felixstowe rally due to an engine rebuild, I was delighted that 2 other Bristols were able to represent the marque. Neil went along for the chance to ride in a fire engine (and dress up as a fireman) and saw the 2 411’s lined up in the park; Stuart Risebrow’s newly acquired Series 1 and Martin Bennett’s Series 4 (pictured).

The cold and wet day did nothing to deter people’s enthusiasm for the event and even those in open tourers made it all the way to Felixstowe promenade. The number of spectators on the route was generally down this year but the roundabouts were packed – giving the fire engine an excuse to spin round a couple of times while letting rip with its lights and sirens.

As for the engine rebuild – I should be back in action in a few weeks and I’ll let you know how I feel once I’ve had the chance to gulp in a few cylinder-fulls of air and petrol.

No comments:

Post a Comment