Sunday 1 March 2009

Parking


Saturday turned out to be a nice day so Neil took me into Colchester. After a visit to the Gym he took me into the centre of town for lunch and carefully parked me in a multi-storey car park. I’m often asked about parking safely because not everyone takes the same care over theirs or other people’s cars as Neil does, but with a little thought suitable spaces can be found in most car parks.

The multi-storey we used on Saturday has 8 levels and it tends to fill up from the top down as the top is at street level. However right at the bottom are a dozen or so spaces where the position of the pillars and the height of the roof put most people off. You will often see some very nice motor cars parked down there in splendid isolation from the masses. On Saturday I was opposite an Aston Martin DB9. He wouldn’t talk to me but a nice man and his son ignored the Aston and came over to talk to Neil about a Bristol 407 the man used to own.

I particularly like this one space which has a wall to one side and thick concrete pillars to the other. It is quite awkward to get in to but my slim proportions and manoeuvrability mean that I slip in with ease and feel much protected. The only downside for Neil is that he has to climb 80 steps to get to the High Street (he’s counted) but then he does need the exercise and it is nice that I can accompany Neil on his days out and feel safe when he leaves me on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment